I turned in The Vision's edits today. Things I realized after spending much of the last month's free time working on it : 1. I really like the word pointedly. Also, conspiratorial, locked, ache, faded and softly. Some of these have way too few synonyms.
2. Reading aloud really helps.
3. I make the same mistakes - like spending way too much time in my character's heads - over and over. My editor probably thinks I'm a slow learner. I'm going to accept that this is just part of my process.
4. The laundry will not do itself. No matter how long you let it sit there.
5. Stupid errors - like calculating time differences wrong - mean wasted time re-writing whole paragraphs that no longer work. Grrr!
6. Its good to know a mortician (thanks, Josh!)
7. Ignorance is bliss. Sending off this book was much scarier than sending off The Mark because I know all the stuff that comes next and how little of it I control. I'm almost at the end of my chance to make changes.
I hope it's good.